BAY LAKE, Fla. — Typhoon Lagoon will reopen in January, the Walt Disney World Resort announced Tuesday.
The park’s reopening on Jan. 2 will mark the return of favorite attractions and the debut of new menu items and other commemorative culinary features, Disney said.
The following attractions will return when the park reopens:
- Typhoon Lagoon Surf Pool, America’s largest outdoor wave pool where guests can “hang 10″ while body surfing on the perfect wave every time.
- Miss Adventure Falls, a fast-paced family raft attraction created, as the story goes, when Captain Mary Oceaneer — a seafaring treasure hunter — got her haul caught years ago in a rogue typhoon, scattering her treasure across this tropical paradise.
- Crush ‘n’ Gusher, a thrilling water coaster featuring three 400-foot-long tube slides named for the various fruits they once transported.
- Castaway Creek, a scenic lazy river encircling the entire water park, offering gentle passage past shady grottoes, gushing waterfalls, overhead rope bridges and lush rainforest landscapes.
- Humunga Kowabunga, offering a choice of three adrenaline-filled body slides set against the steep inclines of Mount Mayday.
Disney also said the park’s surf program will restart.
Guests can learn to surf or book private surfing events.
There is a new frozen dessert bar menu, featuring a selection of new DOLE Whip menu offerings at the shipwreck-inspired eatery, Snack Shack, Disney said.
Take a look at the new offerings below:
To learn more about the park, click here.