BURLINGTON, Mass. — A Buffalo Wild Wings employee was killed and eight others, including patrons, were hurt after being exposed to a strong cleaning agent.
According to officials, firefighters responded to the restaurant on 15 South Avenue on Thursday at around 5:30 p.m. for reports of a chemical reaction in the kitchen.
At the scene, first responders found an employee who said he felt nauseous after breathing in fumes from the cleaning agent. The man was rushed to an area hospital in serious condition, but was later pronounced dead.
Among those hurt, 2 were employees and six were patrons. They were also taken to an area hospital.
Firefighters evacuated the building and a Tier 1 hazardous material response was called for.
Authorities stress that there is no current threat to the public, but the restaurant will be closed for the night while the investigation continues.
A Buffalo Wild Wings spokesperson issued the following statement regarding the incident:
© 2020 Cox Media Group