ANAHEIM, Calif. — Two firefighters were injured Sunday when an illegal butane marijuana lab exploded at a commercial building in Southern California, authorities said.
The lab exploded at about 11:22 a.m. PST about three blocks east of Knott’s Berry Farm, the Los Angeles Times reported.
According to Anaheim police Sgt. Steve Pena, Orange County firefighters were still working to put out the blaze.
The two injured firefighters were taken to an area hospital, the newspaper reported.
No other details were immediately available.
Butane marijuana labs are extremely dangerous, the Times reported. Hash oil, sometimes referred to as honey oil, is commonly extracted from marijuana plants using butane.
The colorless, highly flammable gas is used as lighter fuel for cooking and camping. Vapors from butane can release gas clouds and a spark of static electricity can ignite an explosion, the newspaper reported.
©2022 Cox Media Group