NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Firefighters in Nashville found an unattended baby inside a hotel room following reports of a fire Wednesday night, authorities said.
Firefighters were called to the South Nashville hotel at about 8 p.m. CDT, WZTV reported. According to the Nashville Fire Department, firefighters found a hotel room with the door open and the blaze contained to one wall. The infant was inside the room and was alone, according to the television station.
The child was taken to Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital and was treated for smoke inhalation, WSMV-TV reported. The baby’s condition and exact age are unknown.
Baby hospitalized after left unattended in hotel room during fire https://t.co/e2tPX1KEum— WSMV 4 Nashville (@WSMV) October 13, 2022
Investigators said the fire was accidental and likely due to an electrical problem, according to WTVF.
It was unclear why the baby was alone in the room and where the adults who were staying in the room were located at the time of the fire.
An investigation is ongoing.
©2022 Cox Media Group