Fire guts duplex in Daytona Beach

Photo: Daytona Beach Fire Department

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — A fire in Daytona Beach destroyed a duplex in the 200 block of Desoto Street, officials said.

The blaze was reported at about 12:30 p.m. and by the time firefighters arrived on the scene the front unit in the duplex was fully involved, the Daytona Beach Fire Department said.

The occupants of both apartments were able to escape without injury, officials said.

Firefighters believe the fire was ignited by an air conditioner unit in the front unit.

DBFD responded to a fully involved structure fire of a duplex in Daytona Beach this afternoon. All occupants exited the duplex safely with no injuries. Fire believed to be started from air conditioner.

Posted by Daytona Beach Fire Department on Sunday, August 7, 2016