ORLANDO, Fla. — Walmart has mistakenly started making appointments for extremely vulnerable people under 65, Rep. Carlos Guillermo Smith said.
Though Walmart is vaccinating extremely vulnerable people under 65 in other states, Florida officials have said that only hospitals can vaccinate those people.
However, those extremely vulnerable people who did already make appointments with Walmart stores in Florida will still be able to get their doses, Guillermo Smith said.
Florida home health care workers and some people deemed medically vulnerable under age 65 are eligible to sign up for COVID-19 vaccine appointments at Walmart stores.
Those who sign up for the appointments through the chain’s website are required to bring proof of their condition or employment to receive the vaccine.
According to the website, the following people are able to sign up for an appointment at a Walmart store:
- Florida residents, or people working in Florida for the purpose of providing health care services involving direct contact with patient.
- Florida residents age 65 and older.
- Long-term are facility workers.
- Long-term care facility residents.
- Florida residents deemed to be extremely vulnerable to COVID-19 by hospital providers.
Under the list of chronic or long-term health conditions the options that are listed include:
- Metabolic diseases
- Other blood disorders