ORLANDO, Fla. — While the Atlantic hurricane season is still officially a few weeks out, it’s National Hurricane Preparedness Week.
So experts want to remind residents it’s never too early to prepare for whatever mighty Mother Nature might bring our way in 2023.
On Thursday, Habitat for Humanity Greater Orlando & Osceola County is hosting a free hurricane preparation course.
The session will start at 6 p.m. and is being held at the non-profit’s headquarters, located at:
- 4116 Silver Star Road, Orlando, Florida 32808
See map below for location of event:
Organizers said the session will feature local experts and will cover an array of topics and talking points, including:
- Tips from the City of Orlando’s Office of Emergency Management
- How to file a claim with a home insurance agent
- Tips from a licensed home inspector to ensure your home is hurricane-ready
- What are 4-point and wind mitigation inspections, and do I need them?
To register for the Hurricane Prep Information Session, click here.
©2023 Cox Media Group