ORLANDO, Fla. — As Tropical Storm Elsa continues to track toward Florida, some Central Florida counties have started to offer sandbags to residents.
Here’s a list of places residents can pick up sandbags.
As of 9:49 a.m. on Tuesday all sandbag locations in Seminole County are now closed. Click here for more info from Seminole County Office of Emergency Management
County officials said sandbags will be available on Tuesday for residents in western portions of Marion County at the following locations:
- Souls Harbor Church, 11808 N Ohio Street, Dunnellon FL 34431
- Martel Recycling Center, 296 SW 67th Avenue, Ocala FL 34474
Lake County residents can pick up sandbags at five locations on Tuesday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Residents must bring their own shovels and are limited to 10 bags of sand per household, leaders said.
The Citizens Information Line is open for anyone living in Lake County who needs information about storm preps. That number is 352-253-9999.
Here are the locations:
- Astor Area (Fire Station #10), 23023 State Road 40, Astor.
- East Lake Sports and Community Complex, 24809 Wallick Rd., Sorrento.
- P.E.A.R. Park, 26701 U.S. Hwy. 27, Leesburg.
- North Lake Regional Park, 40730 Roger Giles Rd., Umatilla.
- Minneola Athletic Complex, 1300 Fosgate Rd. (13930 Education Ave.), Minneola.
- City of Eustis (Fire Station #22), 100 West Norton Ave., Eustis.
- City of Groveland, open lot on Crittenden St. behind Advanced Auto Parts
Volusia County residents can pick up sandbags at 5 separate locations.
- Edgewater - the city has stocked three locations throughout the city with sand piles. These locations are available 24 hours a day, and have sand piles staged for residents to access. Residents should bring their own shovels and bags.
- Fire Station 57, 2628 Hibiscus Drive.
- Mango Tree Lake, 901 Mango Tree Drive.
- Airpark staging area, 1898 Airpark Road.
- Ormond Beach - Self-serve sand will be offered to all Ormond Beach residents daily, Monday through Saturday from 9 am – 7 pm and Sunday from 12 pm – 5 pm at the Nova Community Center (440 North Nova Road). Residents may request up to 10 sandbags. Please bring proof of residency and your own shovel. Please keep your sandbags for the entirety of hurricane season as a part of your emergency kit.
- South Daytona - Sandbag supplies will be available from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Tuesday at the Piggotte Center located at 504 Big Tree Rd. Residents are asked to bring their own shovels. There is no charge for sandbags.
©2021 Cox Media Group