• Mysterious death has victim's family pushing for answers


    COCOA BEACH, Fla. - Nearly a year after a Brevard County woman was found dead, and her boyfriend was arrested on other charges, her cause of death is still a mystery.

    40-year-old Glenda Lewis's body was found in her home in Cocoa last December and the man she had gotten a restraining order against was asleep on her couch.

    The case has Lewis's family begging for a more thorough look at her death.

    "It bothers me. That was my right hand. So she's not here anymore. It's difficult. Very difficult," said Joann Mondesir, the victim's mother.

    An autopsy showed bruises and cuts on Lewis's elbows and knees, and a mark on her face.

    Her family said her bedroom was in shambles, but the medical examiner's report said the cause and manner of death is undetermined.

    "Undertermined is not an answer for me. I need to find what happened," said Mondesir.

    Police said Lewis’s ex-boyfriend Calvin Williams claimed to be sleeping next to her and said he woke up to find her dead and was in a state of shock when he wouldn't let her children into her room.

    Lewis had sought a restraining order against Williams, but dropped it two weeks before her death.

    Calvin Williams is in prison for an unrelated burglary charge, but is set to be released in October 2013.

    He's never been arrested or charged with killing Lewis and the coroner couldn't say who or what did kill her, which leaves Lewis’s mother with a question that she said keeps her up night after night.

    "Wait a minute, what did happen to Glenda Lewis? That's what I want to know. What happened?" said Mondesir.

    A spokesperson for the Cocoa Police Department said even if they suspected someone killed Lewis, they can't arrest anyone if the death is left "undetermined" by the medical examiner and not ruled a homicide.

    Next Up:

  • Headline Goes Here

    Mysterious death has victim's family pushing for answers

  • Headline Goes Here

    Police identify British family killed in Titusville crash