ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. — Opening statements are about to begin in Markeith Loyd’s murder trial.
Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty for Loyd in the fatal shooting of Lt. Debra Clayton in 2017. At the time, Loyd was on the run for killing his pregnant ex-girlfriend, Sade Dixon.
He was sentenced to life in prison for her murder.
Here’s how you can stay informed on Loyd’s trial for Clayton’s death:
Television streaming apps:
- Our WFTV Now app is free on Roku, Apple TV and Amazon Fire TV Stick. Click here to download it.
- Watch our newscasts live.
WFTV Mobile News app:
- Free in the app store, but you can also download it by clicking on this link.
- Available for iOS and Android smartphones and tablets.
- Watch our newscasts stream live.