ORLANDO, Fla. — Deneige Broom’s latest position as Channel 9’s traffic reporter is a homecoming journey for her.
The Florida native not only has roots in the Sunshine State but here at Channel 9. Allow us to reintroduce Deneige with 9 facts about our early morning traffic expert.
1. Deneige should look familiar. She was previously a reporter with Channel 9 for several years before heading to KRIV in Houston and eventually returning to Central Florida.
2. She’s a Seminole County native.
3. Deneige is a graduate of Florida State University. She received her Bachelor of Arts in communications with a minor in Spanish.
4. While at FSU, Deneige covered sports extensively and was also a sideline reporter for ESPNU during home football games.
5. Her brother is Chandler Broom, an Orlando-based R&B artist.
6. In addition to her TV career, she also has worked on small feature films. Deneige starred in the 2017 film “The Watchman’s Edict.” Learn more about the film here.
7. Before she started her journalism career, Deneige worked as a teacher in Madrid. There, she became fluent in Spanish.
8. She produced and anchored a 30-minute sports shows on Saturday mornings during the fall while working in Tallahassee.
9. Deneige loves exploring, cooking, Latin dancing and painting.
Cox Media Group