ORLANDO, Fla. — Too Much Sauce has closed its doors for the final time, the restaurant announced in a Facebook post Sunday.
The eatery, which was known for its healthy bowls and homemade sauces, opened in Orlando’s Mills 50 District almost five years ago.
“I want to take the opportunity to thank all of our amazing customers who have shown us so much love and support over the years,” owner Evan Dimov said. “I also want to express my utmost gratitude to our employees -- both to those who have been with us for a long time and also to the newer ones who quickly became a part of the family.”
Dimov said several employees had tested positive for COVID-19 in the last week, including his wife.
“Although all of our team recovered quickly, my wife, who worked with me at the restaurant six days a week for the past five years, had experienced some challenging symptoms and is still slowly recovering,” he said.
Dimov said the restaurant’s imminent renewal of its lease at the Mills Park shopping plaza also factored into his decision to shutter the eatery.
“Although the landlord has been flexible with us, we could not agree with our option to renew our lease,” he said. “I am afraid to announce we have decided to close the business, effective immediately and permanently.”
Dimov said he was able to find alternative employment for his team members.
“I want to thank our landlords who have helped us and were very accommodating during this difficult time,” he said. “From our family to yours, keep calm and stay saucy.”
©2022 Cox Media Group