• Veterinarians warn dog owners of toxic palm tree

    Updated:

    FLORIDA - A popular palm tree in Florida could be deadly to your pet.

    A 7-month-old Boston terrier became sick after eating parts of a sago palm tree at her home in Jacksonville.

    Veterinarians said dogs are attracted to the taste, but the entire tree down to the seed is toxic to dogs.

    Veterinarians also said about 30 percent of dogs who swallow any part of the sago palm, die.

    They said the best thing to do is get rid of the plant.

    Next Up:


  • Headline Goes Here

    Veterinarians warn dog owners of toxic palm tree

  • Headline Goes Here

    NYC subway seat fight ends with dog biting woman

  • Headline Goes Here

    Delta passenger with multiple sclerosis says airline employees tied her…

  • Headline Goes Here

    WATCH: Car thieves abduct 6-year-old from day care parking lot

  • Headline Goes Here

    'Tick explosion' coming this summer, expert warns