ORLANDO, Fla. — You’re feeling sleepy… very sleepy…
Maybe it’s because it’s been a long week, or maybe it’s because Friday is World Sleep Day.
>>> STREAM CHANNEL 9 EYEWITNESS NEWS LIVE <<<
Before you doze off, Channel 9 compiled a list of 9 tips to get better sleep, according to the American Academy of Sleep Medicine:
1. Keep a consistent sleep schedule. Get up at the same time every day, even on weekends or during vacations.
2. Set a bedtime that is early enough for you to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep, but don’t go to bed unless you are sleepy.
Read: American Academy of Pediatrics sets new safe sleep guidelines
3. If you don’t fall asleep after 20 minutes, get out of bed. Go do a quiet activity without a lot of light exposure. Experts say it is especially important to not get on electronics.
4. Establish a relaxing bedtime routine.
5. Make your bedroom quiet and relaxing. Keep the room at a comfortable, cool temperature.
Read: Dream job: Get paid $3,000 to sleep
6. Limit exposure to bright light in the evenings, and turn off electronic devices at least 30 minutes before bedtime.
7. Don’t eat a large meal before bedtime. If you are hungry at night, eat a light, healthy snack.
8. Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy diet.
9. Avoid consuming caffeine in the afternoon or evening, and avoid consuming alcohol before bedtime. It’s also helpful to reduce your fluid intake before bedtime.
Click here to download the free WFTV news and weather apps, click here to download the WFTV Now app for your smart TV and click here to stream Channel 9 Eyewitness News live.
©2023 Cox Media Group