Oklahoma woman repeatedly shot after tearing down Nazi flag flying outside man’s house

HUNTER, Okla. — An Oklahoma woman was seriously injured and a man faces possible life in prison after authorities allege he shot the woman, who had decided to swipe one of the Nazi flags flying in front of the man’s home.

Alexander John Feaster, 45, of Hunter, is charged with felony assault and battery with a deadly weapon and shooting with the intent to kill, according to Oklahoma court records. He was booked June 28 into the Garfield County Jail in Enid.

According to an affidavit obtained by the Enid News & Eagle, Feaster had set up a chair right inside the front door of his home, as though he lie in wait.

“It appeared Mr. Feaster was anticipating an incident to take place and had been watching from that spot,” Garfield County Deputy Marshall Woodson wrote in the document.

Multiple people on social media posted screenshots of an apparent profile Feaster created on the site Gab, which describes itself as a “social network that champions free speech, individual liberty and the free flow of information online.” On the profile in Feaster’s name appears the phrase “Meine Ehre Heisst Treue.”

According to the Anti-Defamation League, the saying, which translates roughly to “My Honor is Loyalty,” was the motto of the Waffen SS, the military wing of the Schutzstaffel in Nazi Germany.

“Since World War II, neo-Nazis and other white supremacists around the world use this German phrase (or its equivalent in English or other languages) as a hate slogan,” the ADL’s website states.

The court records show that deputies were called to Feaster’s home around 3 a.m. June 28 on a report of shots fired. While on the way, the deputies received word that a woman had been shot.

They were also told that weapons were drawn and aimed at the home in the 200 block of East Cherokee Street.

Woodson, the first deputy to get to the scene, arrived to find a man with a pistol resting on the hood of a pickup truck and aimed at Feaster’s house, the News & Eagle reported. The deputy could also see a man, later identified as Feaster, walking around inside the home.

In a ditch in front of the house, several other people were providing first aid to the woman who had been shot, the affidavit stated. The woman, identified by NBC News as Kyndal McVey, 26, of Enid, had gunshot wounds to her abdomen and legs.

According to the network, the affidavit said investigators believe Feaster shot McVey with a Colt AR-15. It appeared by the number of shell casings found that the weapon had been fired at least six times.

Woodson, who was armed with his own rifle, ordered the man with the pistol to put the gun down, which he did, laying it on the pavement in front of the truck, the News & Eagle reported.

The deputy also ordered the man inside to come out with his hands up, which he did. According to records, the man complied when Woodson told him to get down on the ground with his arms at his side.

Another responding deputy handcuffed the man, who was identified as Feaster by his Oklahoma driver’s license, the News & Eagle reported.

When deputies searched the house for additional suspects, they found multiple firearms and “military-style gear” inside, according to the affidavit.

Witnesses told investigators that McVey was with friends at a party nearby when she decided to go and grab one of Feaster’s swastika flags. Photos taken by News & Eagle staff show a large swastika flag up on a flagpole at the corner of Feaster’s house.

A second, smaller Nazi flag sits in a flag holder on the front of the home to the left of the front door. It is not clear if either of those flags was the one McVey tried to take. No trespassing signs are tacked to a tree in Feaster’s front yard, according to video shot at the property.

Security footage from several cameras outside Feaster’s home show what happened next, NBC News reported.

“A white female, identified as Kyndal, runs up to the residence and pulls the Nazi flag down to the west side of the porch. Kyndal took the flag and ran back toward the residence,” Woodson wrote in the affidavit. “I also observed a white male, identified as Alexander Feaster, exit the front door to his residence ... with a large AR platform rifle on a sling and at the ready.”

Feaster opened fire on McVey without warning, firing seven or eight shots, several of which struck the woman as she ran, the court document stated.

“It is important to note that Kyndal did not appear to be in any way a threat to Feaster due to her obviously running away from his residence with only a flag in her hand,” Woodson wrote, according to the network.

A witness moved a red pickup truck near Feaster’s home as a barricade, NBC News reported. Another aimed a gun at the house while awaiting deputies.

McVey’s condition appears to be improving, according to a GoFundMe page set up in her name. Heather Riley, who describes herself as McVey’s best friend, wrote Thursday that McVey was out of intensive care and in a regular hospital room.

“She is not sure of what she needs to do going forward,” Riley wrote. “(We) will get more info tomorrow but we are sure some physical therapy rehab will be some of it.”

As of Monday afternoon, the page had raised about $1,700 of its $10,000 goal.