WALT DISNEY WORLD, Fla. — A galaxy far, far away will get even closer when Walt Disney World's newest ride opens Thursday.
"Star Wars": Rise of the Resistance will open to the public Thursday morning inside "Star Wars": Galaxy's Edge in Disney's Hollywood Studios.
Here's what we know about the ride so far:
- Dog caught with entire Thanksgiving turkey in hilarious viral photo
- 'Key suspects' arrested in NY connected to deaths of Central Florida couple, investigators say
- Teen shoots man for using fake money in Altamonte Springs drug deal, police say
- Pennsylvania woman charged in hanging deaths of her two young children
2) The ride will take you inside a Star Destroyer and face to face with Kylo Ren in what Disney's website describes as "a harrowing and thrilling adventure that blurs the lines between fantasy and reality."
3) Disney officials say the "massive" attraction will include multiple ride systems, unlike anything else at the parks.
4) To get onboard, riders must be 40 inches tall.
5) Disney says the thrill ride is appropriate for all ages, from kids to adults, and includes small drops, loud noises and dark areas.
6) Disney FastPass+ service is unavailable for the attractions in "Star Wars": Galaxy's Edge.
7) On opening day, Hollywood Studios will be open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
9) Feel free to dress for the occasion, but don't go overboard. Costumes and masks may not be worn by guests age 14 and older (except when special event costume rules apply). Click here for a full breakdown on what is and isn't acceptable.
© 2020 Cox Media Group