Local

Central Florida restaurant evacuated after gas leak, fire officials say

OCALA, Fla. — A restaurant was evacuated after a gas leak Sunday night, Ocala Fire Rescue said.

>>> STREAM CHANNEL 9 EYEWITNESS NEWS LIVE <<<

Fire officials said the leak was reported around 8:45 p.m. at China Lee Buffet near E Silver Street Blvd.

According to a news release, Ocala Fire Rescue, Ocala Police Department, and TECO Gas Company responded to the gas leak.

Read: Tropical Storm Franklin forms in the Atlantic

Officials said the gas leak was due to an accidental puncture of the main line with an excavator.

Police said they are redirecting the traffic on Highway 40 ( E SS Blvd.)


Read: Apopka police look for missing endangered 65-year-old man


Click here to download the free WFTV news and weather apps, click here to download the WFTV Now app for your smart TV and click here to stream Channel 9 Eyewitness News live.