BREVARD COUNTY, Fla. — A new experience has launched at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex.
>>> STREAM CHANNEL 9 EYEWITNESS NEWS LIVE <<<
Gateway: The Deep Space Launch Complex officially opened Wednesday. The 50,000-square-foot building will allow guests to experience “interstellar travel of tomorrow while celebrating everything happening right now within the space program,” a news release states.
READ: Kennedy Space Center celebrates 60-year legacy while looking to the future
The new complex utilizes immersive education, atmospheric effects and a motion theater experience for guests to see, hear and feel what it’s like to travel in space.
“Gateway: The Deep Space Launch Complex is a bold new attraction where guests will personally experience NASA’s next giant leap and beyond, highlighting all the excitement within the space industry,” said Therrin Protze, COO, Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex.
Photos: The Kennedy family through the years
Gateway also showcases NASA and commercial spacecraft including:
- Aerojet Rocketdyne RL10 Upper-stage Rocket Engine
- Boeing Starliner Simulator (scale model)
- Lockheed Martin Space Habitat (scale mockup)
- Orion Exploration Flight Test-1 Capsule (flight flown)
- Sierra Space Dream Chaser (full-scale model)
- SpaceX Cargo Dragon COTS-2 (flight flown)
- SpaceX Falcon 9 booster (flight flown)
- ULA Delta IV Heavy rocket (scale model)
- ULA Vulcan rocket (scale model)
The complex also features Spaceport KSC, which transports guests to an airport of the future utilizing a two-story motion theater and more.
READ: Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex announces new ticket pricing, multiday options
See photos of the new complex in the gallery below:
Click here to download the free WFTV news and weather apps, click here to download the WFTV Now app for your smart TV and click here to stream Channel 9 Eyewitness News live.
©2022 Cox Media Group