ORLANDO, Fla. — One person is dead and 36 units of an apartment building were evacuated after Orlando firefighters responded to a carbon monoxide alarm at an apartment complex.
Firefighters were called around 4 p.m. to The Jackson Condos Apartment on Jackson Street for the gas leak.
First responders worked to evacuate 36 apartment units after high levels of carbon monoxide were detected.
Firefighters found one person dead and other person was transported to a hospital.
Officials have not said how many people were displaced during the evacuations.
Firefighters said Lynx bus officials assisted them with moving people as the leak was secured and the building was ventilated.
Firefighters said the cause of the gas leak in unknown.
Cox Media Group