‘You took my baby away’: Woman pleads for new leads in shooting at Orlando intersection that killed daughter

The mother of a 25-year-old woman who was killed last month in a shooting at an Orlando intersection pleaded for new information in her daughter?s death during a news conference Friday afternoon at the Orlando Police Department.

ORLANDO, Fla. — The mother of a 25-year-old woman who was killed last month in a shooting at an Orlando intersection pleaded for new information in her daughter’s death during a news conference Friday afternoon at the Orlando Police Department.

Police said a shooting and crash were reported at about 2:30 a.m. Dec. 13 at Curry Ford Road and South Semoran Boulevard.

Witnesses said someone in a white 2019 or 2020 Dodge Ram pickup truck crashed into a red Dodge Challenger. Someone in the pickup then shot at the Challenger, causing the car’s driver to crash.

Content Continues Below

Investigators said the shooting left Carola Luciano dead and David Zanone, 25, and Lorraine Pagan, 34, injured.

Detectives said surveillance footage showed the driver of the pickup truck driving south toward Orlando International Airport at a high rate of speed, cutting off other drivers and passing on the shoulder of the road.

“It’s not fair. You took my baby away,” said Janet Porras, Luciano’s mother. “I wonder how you would be feeling if you were in my place.”

Porras said her daughter had a promising career in modeling when she was killed.

“I’m not going to have her back,” she said. "You don’t have a heart. You need to talk ... We’re going to find who did this.”

A vigil for Luciano will be held Jan. 20 at the intersection where she was killed.

Police said the model of the gunman’s pickup has a larger bed and a shorter second row seat area.

Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call Crimeline at 407-923-8477.

Watch Friday’s news conference below: