Let’s face it – sports cars aren’t typically known for their fuel efficiency. It’s unfortunate, but they tend to focus on putting the thrill into driving, not cutting your costs at the fuel pump. New Toyota hybrids in Orlando, on the other hand, are known for giving your wallet a major break when it comes to gas, but they don’t exactly have that pedal-to-the-metal quality. However, we’ve got news – these two worlds are about to collide!
The Toyota Prius in Orlando gets melded with the Toyota MR2
Meet the Toyota TE-Spyder! Toyota has outdone themselves this time – they’ve created an incredible mash-up of the 2014 Toyota Prius in Orlando and the Toyota MR2 sports car! It was revealed at the 2014 Tokyo Auto Salon last week, and showgoers couldn’t get enough of its hybrid capabilities fused with an incredible sports car style and performance. We seriously hope this is a forerunner to a new hybrid sports car at our Orlando Toyota dealership, but only time will tell!
Luckily for you, we’ve got details on this new Toyota concept car and we’re here to share them with you. Let’s get started!
- The new Toyota TE-Spyder concept is a fusion of the Orlando Toyota Prius and Toyota MR2. You’ll notice influences from both cars, both under the hood and when it comes to appearance.
- The exterior of this new Toyota concept is reminiscent of the Toyota MR2, but Toyota carefully redesigned it to make it more modern and sporty without taking away from aerodynamics and lightweight materials for that powerful performance. It’s even an open-top design! Oh, and don’t forget about the bright green paint and black accents that are featured – they’re probably one of the most eye-catching elements of the car!
- The interior looks more like a 2014 Toyota Prius in Orlando! If you take a closer peek at the dash, you’ll notice the big similarities. However, Toyota took technology took things up a level – they installed a special touchscreen in front of the steering wheel to relay information to the driver!
You’ll get sports car performance and go-green efficiency in this new Toyota!
- Let’s talk performance. You’ll get from 0-62mpg in about 5.8 seconds, thanks to the fusion of technology under the hood and the lightweight materials that this new Toyota is made of (it only weighs about 2,200 pounds, which makes a big difference when it comes to get-up-and-go).
- Under the hood is what’s really exciting; you’ll find the same electric motor used in the 2014 Toyota Prius, but you’ll also find a 1.5L 1NZ-FE motor and Toyota’s Continuously-Variable Transmission thrown in to take performance to the next level in the game.
Want to go green and get sporty? We’re here to help! Come on down and see us – we’re open seven days a week until 10pm, and you can give our internet sales team a ring at (888) 725-3520 to learn more, set up your test drive, and get the scoop on our new Toyota Prius specials!
© 2018 Cox Media Group.