Officials: Used fireworks spark Seminole County house fire

SEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. — Investigators say used fireworks left inside a garage led to a house fire in Longwood.


Firefighters responded to the home along Alaqua Drive shortly before 11:30 p.m. Thursday.

The Seminole County Fire Department said while the fire was mostly contained to the garage, the 6,000 square foot home suffered extensive smoke and water damage.

READ: Shark bites man at New Smyrna Beach

Everyone who was inside when the fire broke out made it to safety, but SCFD said they’ll have to live elsewhere for now.

Nearly two dozen fire units fought the late-night blaze.

READ: Teen sentenced for 2022 shooting of fellow student at Seminole High School

Lake Mary, Longwood and Sanford helped SCFD crews knock the fire down.

Click here to download our free news, weather and smart TV apps. And click here to stream Channel 9 Eyewitness News live.

Comments on this article