ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. — The wildly popular burger chain White Castle has returned to Florida after a 53-year hiatus.
Channel 9 took you behind-the-scenes at the new restaurant. Watch the video above for that, and read nine facts about White Castle below:
1. White Castle first opened in 1921 in Wichita, Kansas. The family-owned company is headquartered in Columbus, Ohio.
2. The restaurant closed its final Florida location in 1968. It operated four restaurants in Miami during the 1960s.
3. White Castle will open its largest-ever store on Daryl Carter Parkway near Walt Disney World at 8 a.m. Monday. See a rendering and a map of the store below:
4. The popular burger joint will be open from 9 a.m. to 1 a.m. daily and will eventually be open 24 hours per day. Take a look inside the restaurant below:
5. Customers may order a maximum of sixty sliders per visit.
6. Each beef patty contains five holes, allowing steam to fully cook the meat. The sliders are typically served with onions.
7. The restaurant also serves an Impossible Slider as a plant-based option. See a photo of it below:
8. White Castle owns and operates more than 360 restaurants.
9. The new location employs 140 people.