Volusia County

Homeowner, 6 dogs escape electrical house fire in Daytona Beach

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — Firefighters in Daytona Beach responded to a raging house fire Sunday morning.


Crews were called around 6:39 a.m. for reports of an active fire at a home on Garden Street.

Watch: Fight outside Jones High School football game leads to deadly shooting in Orlando, police say

When firefighters arrived, they found an active blaze at the single-story house.

The front half of the house was engulfed by fire as crews worked to battle the flames.

Read: Man on Florida bound flight threatens passengers with box cutter, officials say

A homeowner and six dogs were able to escape the home before it was engulfed.

After knocking down the fire, crews search the home and found no one was injured.

Read: Trooper and another driver hurt in crash on State Road 535 in Orange County

Officials said the fire was determined to have been caused by an electrical issue.

Click here to download the free WFTV news and weather apps, click here to download the WFTV Now app for your smart TV and click here to stream Channel 9 Eyewitness News live.

Comments on this article