If you’re losing sleep or feeling stressed about the coronavirus pandemic, you’re not alone.
Fear and anxiety about the disease can be overwhelming, but the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says taking care of yourself and your family can help you cope with the stress.
Read: Amazon to hire 75,000 more workers, raises pay of current hourly employees amid coronavirus pandemic
Here are some CDC recommendations for how to cope with the pandemic.
- Take breaks from reading information about the pandemic.
- Take care of your body by taking deep breaths, eating well-balanced meals, exercise and getting plenty of sleep.
- Make time to unwind by going outside, and try to do some other activities you enjoy.
- Connect with others. Talk with the people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling.
- If stress is getting in the way of your daily activities, get help. Call your doctor.
Read more of our health coverage below:
If you catch coronavirus who will take care of your family?
How to combat pandemic panic to boost your immunity and health
Parenting your aging parents through coronavirus
Coronavirus pandemic: 'The more you panic, the more your immunity system goes down,’ counselor says
© 2020 Cox Media Group