Download: WFTV News & Weather Apps | Watch: WFTV newscasts live
1. DORIAN'S TRACK:
Hurricane Dorian weakened slightly to a Category 4 storm as it continued to batter the Bahamas Monday with maximum sustained winds of 155 mph, the National Hurricane Center said. NHC said the storm will move "dangerously close" to the Florida East Coast late Monday through Wednesday evening.
The storm's center was located about 30 miles northeast of Freeport, Grand Bahama Island and about 110 miles east of West Palm Beach, Florida.
2. CLOSURES: Central Florida schools, universities and colleges have announced closures ahead of Hurricane Dorian as it makes its way toward Florida. Take a look: Schools | Universities, colleges
3. TRASH COLLECTION: Some Central Florida counties and cities have announced changes to trash/recycling/debris collection services ahead of Hurricane Dorian's possible arrival.
4. EVACUATION/TOLLS: The state of Florida has designated evacuation zones in most of the state's coastal counties: Volusia County | Brevard County | Flagler County. Gov. Ron DeSantis has suspended tolls on Florida's Turnpike Mainline and selected toll roads across the state ahead of Hurricane Dorian.
5. TRAVEL/TRANSPORTATION: Whether you have travel plans, use the bus service or plan on taking a cruise, Hurricane Dorian's possible arrival has changed schedules.
8. SUBMIT PHOTOS: Preparations are underway across Central Florida as Hurricane Dorian inches closer. Viewers have submitted photos of boarded-up homes and other preps. Send in your pics here: email@example.com or use #StormAlert9.
9. STAY INFORMED: WFTV has composed a comprehensive list of the multiple ways you can access our coverage of the storm. Details here: https://at.wftv.com/30NC5Is
DOWNLOAD: Free WFTV News & Weather Apps
Not near a TV? Click here to watch WFTV newscasts live
Watch Live: Doppler 9 HD
Cox Media Group